Welcome to Heart Healthy Recipes!
Are you looking for attractive, delicious heart healthy recipes that support good heart health and nutrition? Here you will discover many free healthy recipes to support a heart healthy diet. Heart Healthy Recipes wants to promote a healthy diet which contributes to overall healthy living, which includes a healthy heart. When people eat too much or eat foods high in fat, there is an increase of heart disease, along with cancer and stroke, the leading causes of death in the United States. Eating a nutritious diet is also a proven way to reduce the risk for heart disease and on this website the elements of a heart healthy diet are presented.
These heart healthy recipes that taste simply scrumptious include delight- ful beverage and dessert recipes such as lemon cheesecake, fudge-like chocolate cake and strawberry smoothies.
The recipes are all very low in fat and sugars; yet very tasty and satisfying due to being sweetened with all natural ingredients and berries.
The seafood category contains some of the most heart healthy foods such as salmon, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Fish contains the
highest natural source of the wonder nutrient called CoQ10. Discover more natural food sources of CoQ10 and how CoQ10 can improve the function of your heart. Uncover the heart health benefits of ingredients like olive oil, which is an important component of the Mediterranean diet found in the classic Greek Salad in the salad recipes.
Cholesterol lowering recipes include the orange-juice sweetened taste of carrots featured in vegetables with the Sweet Carrot dish.
While the Bean & Legumes and Rice & Grains categories feature low salt, low sodium recipes. These recipes include the gluten-free quinoa dishes that are rich in flavor, high in protein yet very low glycemic. In the dressings and sauces - delicious recipes can be found such as the Honey Poppy Seed dressing.
Also, discover hearty and healthy low fat recipes included in the meats and poultry sections with entrées such as Rosemary Lamb Shish Kabobs to Chicken Valencia. The energy-giving pasta recipes include healthy shrimp noodles as an entrée. The super herb basil promotes cardiovascular health
and well-being in our Tomato Basil Pasta, while the garlic in this recipe assists the heart by reducing and controlling blood pressure; along with lowering cholesterol.
In the appetizers, soups, breads and pizza categories you will find
attractive dishes to serve while entertaining guests ranging from Stuffed Mediterranean Bell Peppers to Olive-Basil Focaccia.
Medical/Nutritional Disclaimer: Heart-Healthy-Recipes.net website offers informational service only and the information contained in this website is not intended as professional nutritional or medical advice. The content in this website should not be used solely during a medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. Please consult your doctor or other qualified health care provider regarding any course of medical treatment.
- Appetizer Recipes
- Enjoy and entertain with heart healthy appetizer recipes that range from stuffed Mediterranean Bell Peppers to Greek Hummus Dip.
- Soup Recipes
- Heart warming and healthy soup recipes for everyone to enjoy from Vegetable Soup, Greek lentil Soup to no-cook Sweet-Dill Cucumber Soup.
- Salad Recipes
- Delicious, light, heart healthy salad recipes include a Mediterranean Greek Salad with the vegetable medley of cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, onions then drizzled with olive oil.
- Dressings and Sauces
- Healthy Honey-Poppy-Seed Dressing is featured with the sweet honey, lemony "zip" to flavor all your favorite salads and dishes.
- Heart healthy lunch or dinner pastas include the delicious seafood taste of Shrimp Noodles.
- Bean and Legumes
- Hearty, healthy vegetarian bean and legume recipes including an attractive bean salad for entertaining guests, along with hearty Garbanzo Bean Chili.
- Rice and Grains
- Heart healthy low salt, low sodium rice and grains recipes including gluten-free quinoa dishes that are rich in flavor, high in protein yet very low glycemic.
- Seafood Recipes
- Heart healthy seafood recipes with the likes of salmon, salmon being rich in omega-3 fatty acids and CoQ10, an ingredient shown to significantly improve heart function.
- Meat and Poultry Recipes
- Heart healthy Meat and Poultry recipes include Valencia-Orange Chicken, Rosemary Lamb Shish Kabobs and Low-salt Chicken Pineapple.
- Vegetable Recipes
- Heart healthy vegetable recipes include the cholesterol lowering recipes of orange-juice sweetened, tasty carrots and the super food of broccoli with pine nuts.
- Breads-Muffins and Pizza Recipes
- Heart healthy Breads-Muffins and Pizza Recipes include Olive-Basil Focaccia bread; crowd pleasing pizza and breakfast muffins of tasty blueberries and sweet 'n spicy carrots.
- Low sugar, heart healthy delicious desserts include mouth-watering low fat chocolate cake and blueberry cheesecake; along with the homemade country-taste of oven-warmed sugar-free apple pie.
- Refreshing, satisfying drinks including heart healthy strawberry and banana smoothies.
- Heart Healthy Diet
- Heart Healthy Recipes offers a heart healthy diet plan that is quick and easy to follow to aid in the goal of a healthier life through a wide variety of food choices.
- Heart Healthy Living
- Embracing a heart healthy lifestyle or heart healthy living can help control or even reverse the natural progression of heart disease.
- Women's Heart Health
- Women's heart health is so important, because women's heart disease is one of the leading causes of death for women, with one out of three dying each year.
- Healing for the Heart
- Solutions that assist healing for the heart include the purest, gentlest resource for health - essential oils. These oils are one of the most powerful, yet very safe ways to assist in heart healing.
- Healing Supplements
- Healing supplements of Omega-3, CoQ10, and Grape Seed Extract have been shown to protect, prevent, slow-down and even reverse heart disease.
- Heart Healthy Recipes' Newsletter
- If you like this website, consider signing up for our newsletter to recipe more heart healthy recipes and heart health information.